In our busy lives, things that are quick and satisfying are always welcome.
So next time skip the fast food, for fast real food. These blueberry cacao energy bites only require 40 minutes of your time, simple ingredients, and are a perfect no-sugar-added snack for your sweet tooth.
We used a combination of blueberry and cacao, not only for their delicious flavor profile but for a dose of antioxidative power and plenty of other super nutrients.
Whip up a batch of these energy bites in your next meal prep session. They pre-workout powder and cacao provides a small kick of natural caffeine and the blueberries give it a hint of sweetness.
Pop one (or six) in your mouth when you’re on-the-go, about to crush a workout, or just need a 2:00 pm pick-me-up.
- High in Antioxidants
DID YOU KNOW: Blueberries have some of the highest levels of antioxidants among all fruits and veggies. The main compounds with antioxidant properties are known as flavonoids. Specifically, the group of flavonoids known as anthocyanins is responsible for most of these benefits.
- Focused Energy
Our natural pre-workout in this recipe contains organic green coffee bean, yerba mate, matcha tea, eleuthero root, and ginseng for a brain-boost in addition to energy. Plus, this pre-workout is made without beta alanine–meaning no jitters for you!
- Add all ingredients to a food processor or high-speed blender and blend until a consistent dough is formed.
- The texture should be crumbly, yet sticky.
- Roll the mixture into 12 bite-sized balls and place on a plate.
- Put the energy bites in the fridge for 30-45 minutes to allow them to slightly harden.
- Enjoy as your next pre-workout or morning snack!