Dessert with a side of gut health!
Sounds too good to be true, right?
Well, plot twist. These chocolate raspberry vegan protein bars are not only delicious and taste like a decadent dessert, but they pack a nutritional punch.
The kicker? One bar contains only 2 grams of sugar. Not to mention 11 grams of protein with under 250 calories.
Pack these as a mid-day pick-me-up, cut into squares for a perfect kid-sized snack, or whip these up as a breakfast treat. The possibilities are endless.
- 2 cups puffed quinoa or puffed millet
- 3 tbsp hemp seeds
- ¼ cup ground flax seed
- 4 scoops Ora Organic chocolate protein powder
- 4 scoop Ora Organic probiotic powder
- ½ cup nut butter
- ½ cup almond milk (or nut milk of choice)
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- Vegan chocolate chips (to melt for drizzle)
- Dried raspberries for garnish
- Carbs13 g
- Fat18 g
- Protein11 g
- Sugar2 g
- Place all dry ingredients in a bowl (puffed quinoa, hemp seeds, flax seed, protein powder, probiotic powder) and stir together.
- Add remaining wet ingredients together in a separate bowl and stir well.
- Combine the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients, incorporate all together.
- Cover a 9×13 inch pan with parchment paper.
- Place the mixture on the parchment paper and evenly distribute. (Pro Tip: mash down the mixture with the bottom of a cup to flatten it evenly.)
- For the chocolate, melt the chips in a bowl over a double boil pan.
- Once fully melted, pour over entire bar mixture for a solidified chocolate top or wait until bars are cooled and cut up, then drizzle individual bars.
- Garnish with dried raspberries.
- Place the bars in the refrigerator for at least 45 minutes or until solidified.