Our friend Kaili, over at Measure Me Whole, has concocted our new favorite vegan protein bars.
Or shall we call them brownies?
They’re essentially both!
Each vegan brownie square packs 10 grams of protein, no added sugar, and a lot of fudgy deliciousness.
This has been modified to meet our vegan, dairy-free, and gluten-free criteria, but feel free to check out the original clean, lean protein bars here.
- 1 cup of gluten-free oats blended into flour (or 1 cup oat flour)
- 2 scoops of chocolate vegan protein powder
- 3 tbsp of organic unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 1 cup apple sauce
- ¼ cup of nut milk
- 3 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 8 tbsp water
- Total Fat4 g
- Carbs21 g
- Dietary Fiber5 g
- Sugars1 g
- Protein10 g
- In a small bowl, mix the ground flaxseed with 8 tbsp of water and set aside for 5-10 minutes until thick, to form a flax “egg.”
- Combine the remaining wet ingredients (apple sauce and nut milk) with the flax egg.
- In a separate bowl, combine all dry ingredients: chocolate protein powder, cocoa powder, and baking soda.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients together in a mixing bowl, and stir well until a smooth batter is formed.
- Pour batter into a greased 8×8 baking dish.
- Bake at 350˚F for 10-15 minutes or until the center comes out clean with a toothpick.
- Cut into 4 equal squares or 8 rectangular bars.
- One serving is 1 large square or 2 bars.