This time of year calls for the essential fall flavors. These blondies feature a blend of chai spices and golden turmeric milk powder for a treat that’s cozy, comforting, and of course, delicious. Enjoy alone or dipped into a warm golden milk latte.
Now, we know what you’re thinking. This blondie recipe looks too good to be true.
How is it possible that a gluten-free blondie can look that fluffy? And how can vegan cream cheese frosting look that whipped and decadent?
Pinch yourself, you’re not dreaming. These Chai Spice Blondies are the real (vegan) deal.
We used a blend of real, whole-food ingredients, like almond flour and organic applesauce, mixed at the perfect ratios to create this clean and delicious treat.
So let Jan be the one to bring another boxed pumpkin pie to the office potluck. Treat your team to a batch of homemade blondies, then offer Jan a taste.
- Anti-Inflammatory Treat
What puts the gold in golden milk? Turmeric! Turmeric is a potent antioxidant responsible for neutralizing free radicals and delivering immense anti-inflammatory benefits. Our golden milk powder is packed with 1000mg of turmeric per serving plus an array of adaptogenic herbs to help the body cope with physical stress.
Want to brush up on your turmeric knowledge? Read about all the benefits of turmeric here.
For the blondies:
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp ginger
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 scoop Ora Organic golden turmeric powder
- ½ cup organic maple syrup
- ¼ cup applesauce
- 1 egg replacer
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
For the frosting:
- 1 ½ cups soaked cashews
- ¾ cup water
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- pinch of sea salt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
DID YOU KNOW: Aside from being the main ingredient in our vegan faux cheese frosting, cashews are an incredibly nutritious source of healthy dietary fats.
Our bodies need fat to help absorb fat-soluble vitamins (A, D, E, and K). So while you’re treating yourself to an extra lick (or five) of this frosting you can tell yourself it’s all in the name of absorbing your fat-soluble vitamins tomorrow. Good job, you.
- Total Fat18
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl until dough forms.
- Press dough into a prepared 9×9 baking dish.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow blondies to cool completely.
- To make the frosting, combine all ingredients in a food processor until completely smooth. Spread creamy frosting over the blondies.
- Cut into 9 equal squares, take two for yourself and enjoy!