There are few things we like more than cookies and matcha lattes. So we decided to combine the two!
The outcome? These pillowy, melt-in-your-mouth, vegan matcha cookies.
They have a slightly sweet coconut-vanilla flavor, with a faint hint of matcha.
No sugar rushes here because there is no sugar added! You just might feel a tiny boost of energy from the small amount of matcha we added–mainly for the antioxidant properties and gorgeous green color.1
The addition of protein powder makes these cookies even more satiating, and even the protein powder is keto-friendly too.
Each cookie has only 3 grams of carbs, 2 grams of protein, 10 grams of fat, and no sugar. Making them the perfect keto-friendly treat.
- First, make a flax “egg” by mixing the 2 tablespoons of flaxseed with 6 tablespoons of water and letting sit in the fridge for 15 minutes until a thick consistency is formed.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Melt the coconut oil in a bowl and combine it with the vanilla extract and flax egg. Whisk together with an electric mixer, whisk, or fork.
- In a separate bowl, combine the remaining dry ingredients.
- Add the dry ingredient mixture to the wet ingredients and mix together until the dough forms a dry paste consistency. The dough should be on the dry side, but not too dry that it doesn’t stick together.
- Roll dough into 1.5 inch balls.
- Bake for 8-11 minutes or until the edge touching the pan turns golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes before pressing cookies flat. (Ora Tip: The lid to the protein powder works perfectly for this!)
- Move cookies to a cooling rack to harden completely.
- Store in a reusable airtight container or enjoy straight from the rack!